What to do until help arrives
A water heater breaks, the sink won’t stop running or some other clean water source causes damage to your home. You’ve called SERVPRO® and we’re on our way, but in the meantime there are some things you can do to help mitigate.
- Shut off the water source
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building
- Remove as much excess water as possible
- Wipe excess water from word furniture
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet
- Remove paintings and place them in a safe/dry are
You may have noticed I said ‘clean water source’ in the beginning of this post. Water from toilets, outside the home and any other contaminated source pose a different danger. When water damage has been caused by contaminated water we suggest avoiding all contact and washing your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.