Commercial Storm Damage Restoration
Just look for us in the flaming truck
Storms and inclement weather can bring wind damage, heavy rain, and flooding that can devastate any business in a matter of minutes. There’s never a convenient time for flooding or water damage to strike, and storms don’t just strike during regular business hours; that’s why SERVPRO Franchise Professionals offer 24 hour emergency service 365 days per year.
Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give our Professionals a call and they’ll be there fast with the help you need.
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- A Trusted Leader in the Storm and Water Restoration Industry
- Highly Trained Storm and Water Damage Restoration Specialists
Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 972-420-4771!
SERVPRO of Flower Mound technician
SERVPRO of Flower Mound specialize in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. SERVPRO Professionals utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
The Water Damage Restoration Process
Technician Shane taking moisture readings
Every water damage situation is a little different, and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the “typical” water damage emergency.
Step 1: Emergency Contact
The cleanup and restoration begins with a phone call. Our national call center is fully staffed 24 hours a day and ready to dispatch the nearest SERVPRO Franchise Professionals to your home or business. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of damage
Step 2: Inspection and Damage Assessment
The water damage restoration process begins with a detailed inspection of your property, including a damage assessment. The SERVPRO Franchise Professional is determining the scope of the damage so he or she can develop an appropriate plan of action.
Step 3: Water Removal/Water Extraction
The water extraction step removes the majority of the water from your home or property. By performing a thorough water extraction, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals help reduce the drying time and help to prevent mold and secondary water damage. They use powerful pumps and truck-mounted vacuum units to quickly remove hundreds or thousands of gallons of water from your property.
Step 4: Drying and Dehumidification
After the water removal step, your floors and walls may look dry at first glance, but they are still wet to the touch. Most building materials, like drywall and wood, are porous and will retain significant water. The retained water will cause these materials to warp, swell, or break down and can also cause mold damage.
Step 5: Cleaning and Sanitizing
Your property’s walls, floors, and other surfaces will likely need professional cleaning treatments. Besides cleaning your property’s structure, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals will also clean your belongings, like furniture, upholstery, clothing, and other restorable personal items, damaged by the water. Flooding and water damage often require odor removal and deodorization treatments, since wet materials have an unpleasant odor.
Step 6: Restoration
Restoration, the final step, is the process of restoring your home or business to its pre-water damage condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall and installing new carpet, or may entail major repairs, such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
Somethings just can't be replaced
The SERVPRO of Flower Mound franchise provides cleanup and recovery services for many biohazard situations. These include the following:
Crime scene residues
Tear gas cleanup
Meth lab cleanup
The decontamination of a home or business due to trauma, sewage backups, chemical spills, hoarding, or other biohazards can be both dangerous and emotional. Because of this specialized training and experience is key when choosing a cleanup company.
Recently we were called to a woman’s home in Grapevine to attend to the belongings after such an event and while it was undeniably sad, it was heartwarming to be able to tell the family that we could restore the belongings of their loved one. It is always a big selling point that restoration costs a dramatic amount less than replacing, but in such events there is no way to replace the sentimental personal effects.
Water Damage Timeline
Storms cause water damage
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
What should you do after a fire?
Your family is safe, all pets and stuffed animals included, now what? Here are easy tips to remember for AFTER a fire:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting your SERVPRO Franchise Professional.
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Knowledge is power and becoming familiar with what you should and shouldn’t do ensures that when a disaster does strike your family will be able to recover quickly.
DID YOU KNOW? (storm)
While thunder won't hurt you-lightning will!
Being a restoration company you will often hear of the doom and gloom associated with storms. But when properly prepared for storms can be really interesting!
Did you know:
- In order for there to be a thunder storm you need three things
- Moisture (to make the clouds and the rain)
- Unstable air (usually warm air that can rise rapidly)
- Lift (something able to lift the air, such as fronts, mountains or sea breezes)
- At any one moment there are nearly 1.800 thunderstorms occurring
- The lightning produced from thunderstorms kill more people each year than tornadoes do
- By counting the seconds between the flash of lightning and the clap of thunder you can estimate how many miles away a storm is!
DID YOU KNOW? (mold)
While many of us think of mold and cringe because we associate it with bad things such as infections, disease and death, the truth of the matter is that there is a lot of mold in the world that we love to eat and couldn’t live without!
Did you know:
- Cheese is made from mold. Geotrichum candidum to be exact.
- Quorn, a meat substitute primarily sold in the UK, is fusarium venenatum.
- Alexander Fleming, a brilliant Scottish physician, microbiologist and pharmacoligist discovered penicillin from a mold called Penicillium notatum. It was actually the world’s first antibiotic.
- The immunosuppressant drug cyclosporine, used to suppress the rejection of transplanted organs, is derived from the mold Tolypocladium inflatum.
- Several statin cholesterol-lowering drugs are derived from molds
Home in Grapevine serviced after a storm causes water damage
Moisture readings at a home in Grapevine
Here SERVPRO of Flower Mound and a fellow franchise teamed up to perform the restoration services on a structure in Grapevine. One team began extraction of the water immediately while another team started bringing in equipment and staging for the dry out. Having such a large family of SERVPRO’s means that there is always a helping hand around when you need it.
After just a few days the structure was dry and the flooring contractors were able to get in and perform their work. SERVPRO of Flower Mound is proud to work with other SERVPRO franchises to help take care of our customers!
If your home or business experiences a water damage give SERVPRO of Flower Mound a call as soon as possible! 972-420-4771