Why SERVPRO is the best for commercial cleaning and commercial damage restoration
SERVPRO Large Loss Commercial Response
Did you know SERVPRO is not just for disasters such as floods, water damage, or fires in the home? We also help Commercial Businesses on their losses!
SERVPRO of Flower Mound technicians are certified to clean and sanitize: Upholstery, Carpeting, Flooring, and other hard surfaces. SERVPRO of Flower Mound is even certified to remove biohazard contaminants such as blood, urine, feces, and other things no one else wants to clean. Refresh your carpeting and office cubical- we also specialize in odor removal and deodorization! Additionally, we are available after hours if services are needed when customers and/or clients are not present. That means we are available to assist you 24/7 - 365!
SERVPRO of Flower Mound technicians are reliable, certified professionals and are here to help return your business to it's preloss condition!
November is Child Safety and Protection Month
Child Safety and Protection Month Starts Tomorrow!
Below are tips for helping to keep children safe at home.
- Use safety gates. Even before your baby crawls, install safety gates to match your home and protect curious children from harm. Hardware mounted gates should be installed at the top and bottom of the stairs.
- Prepare for bedtime: Remove all soft, fluffy and loose bedding from the baby’s sleep area. This includes pillows, blankets, quilts, bumper pads, sleep positioners, sheepskins, stuffed toys and other soft products.
- Be mindful of plants. Choose decorative plants that are nontoxic. Common household plants can often cause serious sickness.
- Use Doormats. Place a welcome mat outside your home or apartment. Pesticides and other toxins may be carried inside on the soles of people's shoes.
- Be cautious of choking hazards. Be vigilant about coins, marbles, keys, jewelry, paper clips, water bottle tops, safety pins, removable rubber tips on doorstops, jeweled decorations on children's clothing, crayons, and hard and round foods.
- Check out your furniture. Use angle braces or anchors to secure large furniture to the wall.
- Hot water: Set hot water heaters no higher than 120 degrees F. A lower water temperature reduces the chance of scald burns.
- Fingerprint your children. Contact your local police department to ask if the department provides home fingerprinting kits. Some departments will fingerprint your child for you. If your local police department does neither, you can easily find fingerprint kits for sale online. http://www.yoursafechild.com/
- Be Mindful of Windows. Screens are meant to keep bugs out, not prevent children from falling. Never put furniture or cribs near windows where children can easily fall through.
- Dishwasher Hazards. Point knives, forks, and other sharp items downward in the utensil basket. Don't fill the dispenser with detergent until you're ready to run the load, and wipe out any that's left over after each cycle. Always replace the cap on the bottle tightly, and store it in a locked cabinet. Keep the dishwasher closed and latched when it's not in use.
- Stoves and Kitchen Ranges. Make sure free-standing or slide-in ranges are installed with anti-tip brackets that secure the rear legs to the floor. Manufacturers are required to provide these brackets on ranges made after 1991, but you can contact the company for the parts, or order them from an appliance-parts store. Keep the oven door closed when not using the oven, and never allow your child to lean on or climb on the range or oven door. Install child safety locks on knobs. Install stove guards.
- Fire Safety. For the best protection, install smoke alarms on every level of your home and in every sleeping area. Teach kids never to play with matches and lighters. Make a habit of placing these items up and away from young children. Create and practice a home fire escape plan with two ways out of every room in case of a fire.
For more tips on keeping children safe visit safekids.org or parents.com
National Fire Prevention Week
Fire Prevention Week October 8-14
October 8th - 14th is National Fire Prevention Week.
In a fire, seconds count. Seconds can mean the difference between residents of our community escaping safely from a fire or having their lives end in tragedy.
That’s why this year’s Fire Prevention Week theme: “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out!” is so important. It reinforces why everyone needs to have an escape plan. Here’s this year’s key campaign messages:
- Draw a map of your home with all members of your household, marking two exits from each room and a path to the outside from each exit.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them.
- Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy for the fire department to find.
- Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building.
If you have experienced a fire at your home give SERVPRO of Flower Mound a call today! 972-420-4771
Water Line Break Causes Water Damage to 90% of Commercial Building
SERVPRO of Flower Mound onsite at a commercial loss over the weekend.
Having to work weekends when you are usually off can be frustrating right? What if you went into the office and found it to be full of water and not sure where it all came from?
That was the case for this customer who came into the office Saturday morning only to find water throughout 90% of both their suites. They knew SERVPRO of Flower Mound was the team to call in order to restore their property quickly! Our production team arrived onsite and began the drying process in no time by extracting the water from all affected rooms.
A few short days and this property was back to preloss condition. The customer was grateful that we were able to get them back up and running so quickly!
Keep your business prepared with an Emergency Ready Profile from SERVPRO of Flower Mound!
Our Emergency Ready Plan (ERP) is easily accessed through our mobile app!
Be Prepared In The Event of an Emergency!
Don't wait until a disaster strikes to create a plan! Be ready for whatever happens with our Emergency Ready Plan. SERVPRO of Flower Mound provides a free profile that will ensure your business and it's employees are prepared in the event of an emergency.
One of the benefits of our Emergency Ready Plan or ERP is that there is a mobile version available for all smartphones (Apple/Android). All of your important business information is in the palm of your hand!
Our professionally trained Project Manager will collect and review information pertaining to your business, walk the premises, and provide shut off tags during the inspection process. Once everything has been reviewed and approved they will schedule a time to then demonstrate how the mobile version operates and provide a printed version as well.
Want to learn more about the Emergency Ready Plan? Call today! 972-420-4771
Rescue MAT System Needed to Save a Beautiful Hardwood Floor
Rescue MAT System in place to help restore the water damaged hardwood flooring
We received a call from our customer in Heath, Texas very concerned about his hardwood floors. When he spoke to Liberty Mutual (his insurance company) they told him to give us a call and get a MAT system out there as soon as possible!
MAT Systems are used to dry out water-damaged hardwood flooring safely and effectively. This system uses the power of a high-pressure blower to draw moisture right through the surface of the floor. Two mat sizes make it easy to custom fit to any floor layout.
You will see in the photo that several mats were laid out in the affected area to draw the water from the flooring. We are proud to have the latest technology for water restoration from moisture meters and thermal cameras to injection drying and rescue mat systems like this one.
For more information on SERVPRO of Flower Mounds water restoration services check out our Official Website or give us a call today! 972-420-4771
SERVPRO of Flower Mound Provides Trauma Cleanup Services
Removal of the seat and backing in this dining room from a trauma scene
Many times, crime and accident scenes have blood and other biohazard contaminants that pose a serious health risk. SERVPRO of Flower Mound will respond immediately and has the specialized training, protective equipment, and experience to safely clean trauma and crime scenes.
Our technicians follow OSHA and EPA protocols to help transform an unsafe environment back into a clean, safe home or business. Our first focus is always safety, since crime or accident scenes may involve bloodborne pathogens, harmful chemicals, and other dangers.
These circumstances called for cleanup of blood and other matter. Due to the set time and amount it required removal of the seat and backing in this dining area. We will always treat your property and the people involved with the greatest empathy and respect in the face of trying circumstances.
If you or someone you know is in need of trauma or biohazard cleanup give SERVPRO of Flower Mound a call today 972-420-4771
No job is to large for SERVPRO of Flower Mound or SERVPRO's Disaster Recovery Team
SERVPRO of Flower Mound is excited to announce we will soon be the proud owners of this awesome desiccant and generator package!
SERVPRO's Disaster Recovery Team
The SERVPRO Commercial Large Loss Division is composed of our best of the best in restoration. Our elite large-loss specialists are prequalified and strategically positioned throughout the United States to handle any size disaster.
Every large loss is supervised by a commercial operations manager to help ensure seamless communication and timely mitigation.
At SERVPRO, the difference is our ability to dispatch trained production professionals and cut costs through the strategic placement and oversight of temporary labor.
SERVPRO of Flower Mound is excited to announce that we will soon be the proud owners of a large desiccant and generator to assist not only our customers but other franchises as well! Keep an eye out on our Official Facebook Page
What does the fire restoration process typically look like?
SERVPRO of Flower Mound is here to help 24/7 after your fire damage!
Every fire damage event is a little different, and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the “typical” fire damage emergency.
Step 1: Emergency Contact
The restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will ask questions regarding the fire damage event that will help us respond immediately with the appropriate equipment and resources.
Step 2: Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect and test adjoining rooms of your property to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is crucial to developing a plan of action.
Step 3: Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service
Fire damage can often compromise windows, walls, and roofs. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, we can board up missing windows and walls and place tarps on damaged roofs.
Step 4: Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
The water removal process begins almost immediately and removes the majority of the water. We then use dehumidifiers and air movers to remove the remaining water and complete the drying process.
Step 5: Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
We use specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
Step 6: Cleaning and Sanitizing
We clean, sanitize, and disinfect all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire condition. We’re also trained to remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
Restoration is the final step—getting your home or business to its pre-fire condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
Have Questions About Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Today – (972) 420-4771
Customer found mold when they came back from vacation!
Microbial growth in the master bedroom.
Our customer was in the UK for 3 weeks and came home to find mold in there master closet, bathroom, and bedroom. There was also water damage in the adjacent rooms that needed to be taken care of.
We removed carpet, pad, baseboards, and wood flooring that was saturated and had been sitting. Due to the amount of microbial growth a mold assessment consultant was required to provide a remediation protocol. Once we received the protocol outlining the scope of work we were able to get started!
Our protocol included setting up containment, air scrubbers, cleaning the contents, and removing all affected materials. After HEPA vacuuming, wire brushing and sealing the affected studs with an antimicrobial encapsulating paint our job was ready for clearance testing.
The mold assessment consultant came back with an all clear test and our office issued the remediation certificate to the customer. As a licensed mold remediation contractor SERVPRO of Flower Mound is here to help with your remediation needs 24/7.